Sunday, January 25, 2009

Change

Did I mention that Faith does NOT like change either. I guess I have some crazy kids but then I am crazy myself. Our furniture is falling apart. Our recliner that we have had for 9 years is sinking to one side and the lever doesn't stay on. The couch that we bought apart 3 years ago has a broken frame(Note, never ever buy anything from Ashley Furniture). My loveseat that doesn't match anything is the only decent piece of furniture that we have but it is 12 years old. And not to mention, my dining table and chairs has to be 50 years old (it was my grandmother's). I only have 2 chairs that can be sat in. The other two have great big holes in them where the weaving it coming apart. I told Kevin we would definitely get a new recliner sometime soon but it couldn't wait. So we went to DT McCalls and found a sectional with 4 reclining ends!!!! We bought it and it will be delivered Tuesday afternoon and the rest of the furniture (except the table and chairs) will be leaving with the delivery drivers.

Faith was excited at the store. She liked what we picked out and said it was very comfortable. BUT then it hit her when we were on our way home that our old furniture was going to be gone. She didn't like that idea. She was actually sad. She thought that we needed to keep the furniture. Where I would like to know?? The only piece that is worth keeping is the loveseat but I just don't have any use for it. She'll get over it. I just hope that this furniture holds up like it is suppose to.

Well, John Derrick is getting use to his carseat. He likes that he can unbuckle himself as soon as we get home. If you do ask him what he thinks about his carseat, he will tell you, "This carseat is old and boring, I need my baby carseat back."

No comments: