Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things about me

1. I was part of the first kindergarten class at Friendship Christian. There were 11 of us in the class, 9 girls and 2 boys.

2. I went to Friendship from kindergarten to 12 grade. There were 6 girls left from that first kindergarten class. So we were the first to go completly through Friendship.

3. I was in Jr. high chorus and Sr. high chorus at Friendship. I never thought about being in chorus before Jr. high but I decided on the first day of 7th grade that it sounded like fun and joined. I loved every minute of it.

4. I went to Freed Hardeman and didn't join the chorus because I didn't know how to. About 4 weeks into my freshman year, I met some people in the chorus and they encouraged me to call Doc Rhodes so I did and I was in chorus for 2 1/2 years.

5. At Freed Hardeman, I lived in 3 different dorms (almost 4). I lived in Bradfield, Dixion and Hall Rolland. I was originally assign to Porter Terry but the day I moved in, they couldn't find my info but I soon found out that I was going to live in Bradfield.

6. My husband is 2 years younger then I am.

7. I met Kevin at Freed. It was my junior year. I had gone up to the radio station with my friend Betty and Kevin came down the hall. I had never met him before and I wondered why. I found out later that he was a freshman.

8. I learned how to ride a bike in about 5 minutes when I was about 6 or 7. Someone gave us a bike, I got on and my dad gave me a push and I started peddling and did not fall down.

9. I have never played any organized sports and I don't regret it.

10. The church that I went to as a teenager was a small country church where my dad preached. On Sunday morning we were lucky to have 35 people in attendance. There was one other teenager and she was my best friend and we were the "youth group"

11. Since I didn't have real youth group at church, I attended functions at College Street church of Christ with another one of my friends.

12. I have spent the night in a cave. I went with the group from College Street to Cumberland Caverns and we went on one of the tours that takes you through deeper parts of the cave with a lot of tight squeezes. After the tour we were able to spend the night in the cave. It was a lot of fun.

13. My father-in-law passed away 11 days before Kevin and I got married.

14. I truely wish that my father-in-law was alive to meet my children. He would have loved both of them.

15. The first house that Kevin and I bought was in Marion, AR. It was 867 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. It cost us $54,000.

16. I miss that house.

17. I think that Kevin is the smartest person that I know. He is always on top of current events and I can ask him anything and he will give me an answer that I trust. He can also fix just about anything. When someone comes to him with something that they need help with and he can do what they need, I am so proud.

18. I LOVE to read. The mornings that I am home, I am usually reading a book while I am drinking my coffee and John Derrick is watching cartoons.

19. My favorite author is Laura Ingalls Wilders. I usually read through the whole set of Little House books about once a year. I also try to find biographies to read about her. She is a fascinating person. Her books, although fiction, are about her and how life was back in the 1860-70's

20. My biggest fear right now is not that Kevin will lose his job because of the economy but that the company that he works for will make him move back to Memphis.

21. I wish I could be an children's book author. I think it would be a lot of fun but I can't think of anything to write about.

22. I wish I could be more organized and I try really hard to be but the harder I try the more unorganized everything gets.

23. I think the Payton Mannings MasterCard reward point commercial is so funny. I laugh everytime that I see it.

24. I sometimes wish that the news was animated because then I think the kids would let me watch the news occasionally.

25. I think that my children are beautiful. I still can't believe that I was blessed with such beautiful and special children. I love watching them play and discover things. Everytime one of them tells me that they love me, my heart melts.

No comments: