Sunday, November 22, 2009

John Derrick is FIVE!!!!



John Derrick is 5 years old!!!!! Wasn't he just a baby yesterday? Where has time gone? God has truely blessed me with a wonderful son.

I don't throw big birthday parties for my kids. I have a thing about birthday parties. I like to keep things simple and do something special for the kids. This year I let John Derrick have his best friend Cooper come and spend the night. They had so much fun. John Derrick was excited because this was his first time to have someone sleepover. Faith has had friends sleep over so he knew exactly what to do. We got out the air mattress and they put on their matching Batman pjs and watched a movie at bedtime.


I was going to take the boys to a bouncy place but John Derrick wanted to go bowling so I took them bowling. We were the only ones in the bowling alley that morning.

They had fun bowling but the video games caught their attention so after a few frames they wanted to play the video game. I made them finish the game and then they played the racing game.

This year Kevin picked out John Derrick's birthday present. We got him a Fisher Price Power Wheels. Since it has wheels, John Derrick loves it.

Here we are at my parent's house for our Thanksgiving dinner/birthday party.
John Derrick has really been watching Toy Story for the past couple of months so I made him a Toy Story birthday cake. I love making my kids birthday cakes. This one was fun because I used fondant for the first time.
Of course we can't forget the best big sister. See doesn't Faith looked thrilled to be there.

No comments: