Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Brave Girl



Faith decided to get her ears pierced for her birthday this year. I was a little surprised that she wanted to because she has a VERY low tolerance for pain. We had talked about it around Christmas and I told her that she needed to wait till her birthday. When it got close to her birthday she told me that it sounded too scary and that she would wait and I was fine with that and nothing more was said. On the day after her birthday, Kevin went and picked her up from school and he was going to take her on a few errands before they came home. He called me and said that Faith wanted to get her ears pierced and he was going to take her. First, I was a little shocked to hear that Faith was ready for her ears being pierced. Second, I told him that she couldn't do it without me. He didn't quite understand why he just couldn't just take her himself. Well, I am her mother and I know a little bit more about jewelry then he does and this was a big step for her and I had to be there.


I had to get ready so Kevin took her to Wal Mart where he needed to get something and stopped in the jewelry department to let Faith find out what they did. They explained everything and then they came and got me and John Derrick and it was off to Wal Mart. I left my camera at home, luckily Kevin had his phone with him. The ladies there were so nice to us. They both stopped what they were doing and gave their complete attention to Faith. There were several customers waiting, but Faith was the only one they were concerned about. Faith picked out her studs and chose her birthstone which is the Aquamarine. She got both ears done at the same time and was very brave and didn't yell or start crying. She did try to jump up but I was holding her hands.
You can't see the earrings in this picture but note the happy face. She was so proud of those earrings. That night when we got to church for Wednesday night services she was showing everybody her earrings. It was so cute. She does look a little bit more grown up but she is still as beautiful as ever.

No comments: