Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A House Full of New Stuff

I finally got my Christmas present!! My new table and chairs. I am sooooo happy. My old table was my grandmother's and had to be at least 50 years old. It only had 4 chairs and 2 of the chairs were falling apart. The weaving in the seats was coming undone and there were bigs holes in the seats. John Derrick had to sit in a booster seat so he wouldn't fall through and Faith just had to tough it out. It was quite embarrassing when we had company over.

Kevin and I was able to get a Friday night away from the kids when we got the table and chairs. I had found the table and chairs that I wanted at Ikea in Atlanta. So we dropped the kiddiwinks off at Grandmommy's and Granddaddy's on Friday night, and went off to Atlanta. It was a great weekend. Since we didn't have the kiddies, we waited till we got to Atlanta that night to eat. I used Kevin's TomTom and found out there was a Cheesecake Factory close to our hotel. I had been craving cheesecake for about a week and there was no question about where we were going to eat. It was 8:00 on Friday night when we got there, and I thought there wouldn't be too long of a wait. When we walked in, it was packed. Kevin went up and requested a table for two. The man told him to go and wait for our name to be called. Kevin asked if we needed a pager, but since it was just the two of us, there was no wait. We also got a booth which was really nice. Dinner was delicious and the cheesecake was "to die for." After we ate, we went on to the hotel. Kevin always stays at Holiday Inns when he travels and he has platinum status on his Priority club. He gets upgrades on his rooms when available and tonight was one of those times. We were upgraded to a suite so the room was HUGE with it's own kitchen. Too bad we were only staying for one night.

Saturday morning, we got up and went to Target first and then off to Ikea. If you have never been to an Ikea store, I suggest you go whenever you are near one. It is such a neat store and it is fun to just go and look. Since we don't get to come to Atlanta often without kids, we took advantage of the time and our income tax money and went SHOPPING! We got a table and six chairs, a bookcase for the living room, a bookcase for John Derrick's room, three different wall shelves, and assorted odds and ends for the kitchen. We even came way under budget which just made the weekend even better. You may be wondering how we got all this home. First, all the furniture is put it together yourself so it was all flat and we also borrowed my dad's truck.

It was a wonderful weekend and I hope we can do it again sometime soon. My house is getting full but it is starting to feel real cozy. I love my table and the bookcase in the living room. I'll have to take pictures soon.

No comments: