Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Survived!!!!

I survived last week!!! We had VBS at church Monday - Thursday and the kids had their first week of swim lessons in the evening AND we had a yard sale on Saturday.

First VBS, the kids had a lot of fun. John Derrick was even excited. I had to help decorate the Saturday before. I had volunteered to make a train out of cardboard boxes. Of course I put it off till the last minute but I made a "model" of the Music City Star. It turned out OK. It wasn't as big as I wanted it to be but I did my best.

Second, swim lessons. Faith is taking Level 3. She is learning different strokes. I have gotten to watch her and she is really good. I think if she keeps working at it, she might want to join a swim team one day. She loves to swim and I think she could spend the whole day at the pool if I would let her. John Derrick is taking Pre-school level 1 and 2. He likes to go to the pool and he isn't scared of the water but he won't completely relax to let himself float. It will probably take a couple of more years before he starts to really swim but I am glad he is getting this chance now to take lessons.

Our yard sale went well even though it was very hot. Having a yard sale was our neighbor's idea and since I had been thinking of having one this fall, I decided to go ahead and get rid of our stuff. We had A LOT of junk. Our neighbors were wondering where we kept all of it. But if you have been married 12 years and have 2 kids, you have a lot of things that you don't need anymore. I put out a bunch of baby stuff that did not sell which surprised me but most of the toys that I had sold and all the pots and pans that I had sold. We tried to sell Grandmother's antique couch. Several people said it was pretty but no one would take it. 99% of the stuff that didn't sell went straight to Goodwill and I think my house is happy that it is gone. Now we just have to keep from collecting more stuff we don't need.

No comments: