Friday, July 25, 2008

A Desk for Faith

School starts this Monday, July 28. Faith will be in third grade at Coles Ferry Elementary. She will be in Mrs. Regina Wright's class. We found this out this past Monday when we went to school to register. I was glad because in the past we would have to wait till the weekend before school started when the teacher would call but this time they already had the class list ready so Faith got to meet Mrs. Wright. I think she will be a good teacher. Her space on the the Coles Ferry website was up and ready and full of information and I really like that.

We bought a desk for Faith this week. It's nothing fancy more like a table then a desk. We also bought her a chair for her desk. It is pink. She has been very excited about the desk. She sits in the chair to watch TV and she has been practicing her handwriting. She has been drawing pictures and cards. This year at school she is going to have more homework and I have been dreading this because last year getting her to do her homework was a pain mainly because she would get distracted by John Derrick. So this year, she can go to her room and shut and lock her door and do her homework in private without her little brother bothering her. So hopefully this will work and she will continue to make good grades.

I can't believe my little girl is going to third grade. I remember third grade. It was not my favorite year in elementary so I hope she enjoys her class and teacher.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

test

jolondo said...

Faith I can't believe you are already going into the third grade. Congratulations on your new desk. I am so proud of you!!! Love, Memaw