Saturday, August 22, 2009

Family Movie Night

I am not a junk food fanatic. Neither am I a health food nut. I have too many other things to worry about without having to worry about what the label says. I don't buy organic foods because it is too expensive. I don't like buying that many prepared foods because they are expensive. I like buying ingredients and cooking meals. I also do not deep fry foods because deep frying is so messy and I really like quick clean ups after I eat. I personally like a variety of vegetables and fruits but certain members of my family thinks that the only vegetables that should be eaten are corn, green beans and potatoes and the occasional bite of broccoli (and only if it is covered with cheese).

I said all that so I wouldn't feel so bad about our junk food binge this weekend (and most weekends). About a year or so ago, I declared that Friday nights are family nights. We actually don't have that hectic of a schedule compared to some but Kevin travels for his job one night a week and week nights have homework, baths and bedtime schedules. On Friday night, I plan a easy meal and it is usually pizza. Sometimes I will cook something but it might be pigs in blankety and rotel dip, stromboli or some other kind of finger food. We have a Netflix account and we get a family friendly movie and watch the movie while we eat our dinner. That is our family movie night. It is my favorite night of the week.

We have been a little distracted for the past few weekends so we haven't had a Family Movie Night in awhile. I was happy that this Friday night was free of distractions so I planned a good old fashion junk food night. I bought a pizza AND cheese bread from Papa Murphey's. I love Papa Murphey's pizza. You buy the pizza and you have to cook it at home. The pizza is delicious and very affordable. Much cheaper then most of the bigger pizza chains and you get the eat the pizza hot out of the oven.

Our movie was the 1975 Disney classic Escape to Witch Mountain. I wasn't sure if the kids would enjoy the movie but I wanted to watch it before we watch the recent release of Race to Witch Mountain. The acting was not very good and the special effects were pretty bad but we loved the movie. The kids watched the whole thing and we had some good laughs. The next movie on our Netflix list is the 1978 Return From Witch Mountain and we are looking forward to seeing it.

This morning I had to continue our junk food binge. I woke up way too early and really wanted some donuts. When Faith woke up at 7:30, we got dressed quickly and quietly and snuck out and bought Dunkin Donuts and some chocolate milk (which we did bring home for all of us to enjoy). So our Saturday morning started out with yummy donuts which are definitely NOT good for your waistline.

It is a beautiful day for the month of August. The temperature is suppose to stay in the 80's today. This evening we are getting together with the rest of the family to celebrate Grandmommy's birthday. We will be eating at Wasabi Hibatchi Grilll (more yummy food that I will eat too much of) and then we will go back to their house for cake and ice cream (Publix's cake that is too good).

Now, I need to get up and get dressed and go enjoy this beautiful Saturday!!!!!

No comments: