Friday, May 1, 2009

An Indoor Picnic

The kids and I were going to meet a friend at the park today for a picnic except it decided to rain so we had to stay at home. The house was a complete mess anyway so I was glad for an excuse to stay inside and clean up. The kids were a little disappointed that we did not get to have a picnic so I promised them an indoor picnic if they helped me clean up the house. The more they helped clean up, the sooner we could have the picnic. Well, kids are kids and I ended up doing most of the work so our picnic was delayed.

When everything was picked up, I told the kids to pick the spot for our picnic. I told them they could go anywhere in the house except the bathrooms (that would just be a little gross). We eat in the living room quite a bit (I know, bad mama for eating in the living room but you have to have one bad habit) so Faith picked my bed. I told her to get a blanket and cover the bed while I fixed lunch. I packed my new picnic basket that I got from one of my moms from Mother's Day Out. We ate lunch on my bed while looking out the window as the rain came down. That was neat to do. We had the blinds open and it was easy to pretend that we were outside and watching the rain was relaxing. We might have to have an indoor picnic again.

No comments: