Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday John Derrick

My baby is four years old. He has grown up so much in the past year that I can't believe that he is the same boy. Over the last year, he has learned how to carry on a conversation, he found out that he likes Batman, he is going to turn into a giant "mar-moe" (marshmellow), he learned to like the swimming pool, he has a best friend named Cooper, he now likes Mickey Mouse and Blue's Clues, he has learned to aggravate his sissy and drive his mommy crazy, he watched Scooby Doo over and over and over and over again, he went to the beach for the first time, and he likes to "help" mommy in the kitchen.

I am so proud of John Derrick. He is such a sweet boy and I love him so much. I pray always that God will watch over both of my children and protect them. I pray that God will bless John Derrick's life and help him grow up to be a fine Christian man who will one day marry a Christian girl. I pray especially that Kevin and I will be good Christian examples and to raise him as God wants us to.

We had John Derrick's birthday party at our Thanksgiving meal. This is him with the Batman cake that I made him. He was so proud of his cake and turning four. If you ask him how old he turned on his birthday, he is going to tell you that he is eight (because Faith is eight and he wants to be just like her)
Patiently waiting to open his presents.


John Derrick riding his new scooter.



We also went to Baton Rouge for Thanksgiving to visit Kevin's family at his brother Donny's house. Memaw decided to have a little birthday party for John Derrick while we were there. She went to Wal Mart and got this cake. Once John Derrick went through the kitchen and saw it, he came running into the living room and was pointing to the kitchen and saying, "There is a car cake, him in there (meaning Donny) made it for me!" It was so cute so we credited Donny in making the cake for John Derrick.




No comments: