Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Children's Eyes

My children have beautiful eyes. Their eyes comes from my side of the family. Kevin says that my eyes are the first thing that he noticed about me. My kids have my eyes, very large and very beautiful. They don't know this but their eyes are the reason they get their way so many times.

Last night, I got down Candy Land so Faith and I could teach John Derrick how to play. He did very well and we had fun. When we got done, I got down Hungry Hungry Hippos. Both of them had a lot of fun playing that game. When we got done with that game, John Derrick wanted to play Mousetrap. He would tell me "pleasssseee, Mousetrap game" Mousetrap has A LOT of pieces and I really didn't want to get all of that out. Well I was able to distract him with a bubble bath so we didn't play the game. This morning, he got up and ate breakfast and started with "Mousetrap game, pleasssseee. Mousetrap, pleassssee" I looked into his face and his eyes were shining and he kept on asking and saying please. But, because of his eyes, I got the game down and he and Faith played Mousetrap (after I put the whole Mousetrap together)

Last Tuesday, I planned on taking the kids to the library for the summer program. We could go at 10:00 in the morning or 1:00 in the afternoon. I was having a lazy morning and I didn't feel like getting dressed so I told Faith that we would go for the 1:00 program. So looked at me and gave me the most pathetic puppy dog eyes and said, "please, can we go this morning." Those eyes are the reason that I got up and took a shower and got dressed to go to the library at 10:00 that morning.

My children just have to get me to look into their eyes and they can get their way and I love every minute.

No comments: